Home National House Fire Leaves Disabled Family in Oyam with No Possessions

House Fire Leaves Disabled Family in Oyam with No Possessions

257
0







OYAM:

A family in Anget Village, Ajerijeri Parish, Abok Sub-county, Oyam District, whose parents are both disabled, are in dire need of support from well-wishers after their house and belongings were burned down by a wildfire last Sunday.






Fred Olem and Juliet Atim, parents of two children, were left in tears after an unknown person set fire to their house in the afternoon. Items worth UGX 800,000/= were burned, including four bags of maize grains, one bag of beans, a mattress, solar panels, books, uniforms for their children, and kitchen utensils.

Olem says that they are now left with no possessions to take care of their children, and they are unsure if they will have the money to pay their children’s school fees this term.



Philip Ogile Jakayo, the Chairperson of LC3 in Abok Sub-county, Oyam District, says that it is very unfortunate for disabled people to lose their only belongings, and he appeals for support for the family.




Unfortunately, the incident was not reported to the police, making it difficult to look for suspects.



The post House Fire Leaves Disabled Family in Oyam with No Possessions appeared first on The Ankole Times.





Leave a Reply